Monthly Full Moon World Wide Meditation
Join together with people all around the world who are synchronized to sit together at the same time.
You are invited to sit in meditation for an hour wherever you are, in your home or with friends. Total beginners and longtime practitioners, all are welcome. If you cannot sit for the entire hour, sit as long as you are able; as Swami Veda said, “Let the quietness of the mind continue even after you rise.”
Swami Veda Bharati on Universal Mind Field:
Yoga Philosophy views the mind as Universal field; its waves passing through us and becoming our individual minds. This Universal mind is a radiant force and is also known as a Universal Guru within. When all sit together at the same time even in different parts of the world, they connect to the Universal Guru mind and generate a strong field, like so many magnets being joined together and forming a much stronger magnet; the strength of each then equals the combined strength of all.
Thus it is when we join together in meditation, and together enter the Guru-mind’s Field. On certain days of the year the Wave of Beauty and the Wave of Bliss flows very strong. These are the sacred days.
Guidelines for Full Moon Meditation
Those who have not received a mantra may use:
1. So Ham
2. The name of their favourite form of the deity.
3. If they do not believe in any of these they may use one of the different ways of counting the breath.
Basic Meditation Practice
1. Sit as straight as you can on an even, firm, but cushioned surface.
2. Relax your forehead.
3. Relax your facial and physical musculature.
4. Bring awareness to your breathing.
5. Breathe slowly, gently, smoothly, evenly; without jerk or sound in the breathing.
6. Now feel the touch and flow of the breath in the nostrils.
7. Let there be no pause between the breaths; as one breath is completed, begin to feel the next breath flowing and touching the nostrils.
8. After a few breaths, choose:
a. whichever name of God is your favorite according to your tradition or religion;
b. or a sacred but short phrase or prayer word from your scripture or tradition
c. If you do not believe in a form of divinity, or spiritual incarnation and so forth, exhaling, think Oooonnne (One in a long and drawn out way), inhaling think Twwwoooo (Two) without a break in this count with the breath.
9. Exhaling, mentally remember the word or phrase. Inhaling, mentally remember the word or phrase.
10. Let there be no break between the breaths, nor between the incessant flow of the thoughts of the same phrase.
11. As soon as you become aware that you have lost the flow and other thoughts have begun to arise, re-start the same procedure from the beginning with number 1.
12. Sit for as long as you wish.
13. Let the quietness of the mind continue even after you rise.
14. If you practice this even for 2-3 minutes at a time many times a day, you will notice subtle changes in yourself for the better.
15. Whatever you do repeatedly with the mind, that will become the mind’s habit; calming the mind repeatedly will return your mind to its calm nature.
Full Moon Meditation Dates
|JAN 02||JAN 31||MAR 01||MAR 31||APR 29||MAY 29||JUNE 28|
|JUL 27||AUG 26||SEPT 24||OCT 24||NOV 23||DEC 22|
|JAN 21||FEB 19||MAR 20||APR 19||MAY 18||JUNE 17|
|JUL 16||AUG 15||SEPT 13||OCT 13||NOV 12||DEC 12|
7AM In India (IST), surrounding countries adjust the time accordingly.
For example Iran is 5 AM.
8PM In East Asia, 8 PM Singapore time.
Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand etc.
adjust their times to coincide with Singapore time 8 PM
8PM In U.K. (Greenwich Mean Time).
Those in all European and all African time zones,
please adjust your sitting time to coincide with
8 PM United Kingdom (GMT)
10PM In New York, surrounding countries;
regions of South, Central, and North America;
and the Caribbean to match their time to 10 PM New York time.